TOWN OF CHILHOWIE COUNCIL MEETING
December 11, 2014
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES
3. CITIZEN TIME
4. PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Proposed Changes of Article I, Section 26 Regarding Fire and EMS Departments – Fire Chief/Attorney (See Attachment)
- Proposed Establishment of a General Board of Appeals For Fire And Building Code – Fire Chief/Attorney (See Attachment)
5. OLD BUSINESS
- Council Action on Two Public Hearings
- Consideration of Repealing Existing 26-91 “Board of Fire Prevention
Code Appeals” – Fire Chief (See Attachment and Manager’s Report)
- Adoption of Additions on Classification Plan From November 25 meeting – Town Manager (See Attachment and Manager’s Report)
- Consideration of Adopting Three Documents Relating to Mill Creek Regional Water Treatment Upgrade – The Lane Group/Town Manager
- Amended and Restated Regional Water Agreement
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Proposed Contract Between The Lane Group and Town/WCSA
See Attachment in Agenda/Manager’s Report and Full Contract Documents Outside of Packet
- Replacing Railing at Tourism Center – Town Manage
- Update on Planning Grant in Downtown Revitalization and Proposed Agreement With Mount Rogers PDC – Town Manager/Ms. Kelly Spencer-Hill (See
Attachment and Town Manager’s Report)
- Appointment of Two Terms on Planning Commission Ending December 31, 2014 – Clerk (See Attachment)
- Appointment of Three Terms on Industrial Development Authority Ending December 31, 2014 – Clerk (See Attachment)
6. NEW BUSINESS
- Letter From Mr. Dick Ryan on Old Wellness Center Equipment (See Attachment)
- Request from Mrs. Shelia Ball on Dog Park (See Attachment)
- Proposed Agreement with Mount Rogers PDC on H. L. Bonham Tourism Trail – Town Manager (See Attachment)
- Removal of Old Lomans Store – Mayor Heninger
- Veteran’s Memorial – Mayor Heninger
I. COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Report on Festival Meeting on December 2 – Council/Committee Members (See Attachments – Master Plan/Special Event Application)
J. DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS
- Clerk-Treasurer – Marlene Henderson
- Fire Chief – David Haynes
- Police Chief – Steve Price
- Public Works Director – Jay Keen
K. ANY OTHER COUNCIL BUSINESS
COUNCIL MEETING RULES AND REGULATIONS
All persons entering Council Chambers shall sign in and state whether they wish to speak and the topic.
Citizens must speak at the podium.
State name and address.
Direct comments only to Town Council.
Limit speaking time to a maximum of three minutes.
The speaker must be signed in and speak on topic.
Speak only once during a specific hearing or comment period.
Citizen time is for citizen input, not question and answer session.
Citizen time may be reopened later in meeting if needed.
Interruptions will not be tolerated in order to provide smooth operation of the Council in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order.
The first interruption will be given a warning.
Second interruption will result in removal from meeting.
Please silence cell phones, show respect for all speakers, and allow all opinions to be expressed in a tolerant atmosphere.